A first level WMS support and administration role based in Dublin for a newly implemented distribution warehouse running a warehouse management solution (WMS), integrated with a state of the art automated storage and retrieval system, driven by a warehouse control PLC system (WCS) and connected to the corporate ERP system.
- Monitoring and management of the WMS software and hardware.
- Identify, analyse, remedy and root-cause-analysis of WMS/WCS system issues, mainly software but also the hardware side where it impacts, or is integrated with, software components.
- Change control and management of systems.
- Administration of users, roles and functionalities within the WMS software application.
- Software and systems analysis, testing, continuous improvement and reporting.
- Support co-ordination and prioritization for self and with the support team.
- Operations and IT information sharing and training.
- Manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders at appropriate level and style.
- Strong communication, customer orientation and ongoing engagement skills.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Able to maintain a strong and sustainable working relationship with the internal and external team.
- High level of responsibility, taking ownership and awareness of business-criticality.
- Ability to learn and develop on the job.
- Ability to keep calm, confident and focused when working under pressure and time deadlines.
- Willing and able to provide feedback and meet agreed performance and targets set.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours and/or remote support, especially for WMS emergency.
- Able to undertake international travel assignments as may be seldom be required.
- Fluent English, speaking, reading and writing.
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced hands-on WMS software support and analysis skills (client frontend and server backend components)
- Advanced hands-on support of with WMS hardware (RFT mobile scanner devices, label printers, client workstations, basic networking)
- Advanced warehouse systems process knowledge and understanding (to demonstrate ability to learn this implementation to an advanced level)
- Advanced barcode knowledge and how warehouses implement for product and location management.
- Hardware maintenance (desktops, client RFT devices)
- MS Office application suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- MS Windows 10
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Automated warehouse technology and conveyor systems
- RFID / IOT technology for product tracking
- SAP ECC, S4 or BW Hana experience
- BI reporting experience (MSPowerBI, SSRS, QLIK Sense).
- ftp scripting and database (MSSQL preferred).
- Network technologies and troubleshooting