As a Womens Merchandising Manager, you will report into the Merchandising Director and be based in our Louis Vuitton Head Office based in London. You will assess, monitor and modify for all stores in the UK, Ireland, & South Africa the right assortment of product and related services for the womens categories to help them reach their maximum sales & service potential in addition to assisting the Merchandising function to support store image, client experience, and productivity of store. You will represent the Brand values and demonstrate the Louis Vuitton attitudes toward Clients and team members and manage a Product Assistant/Intern.
Successful candidates will be currently working in a senior Merchandising or Buying role for a large, complex, and fast paced company within the retail industry, preferably luxury. You will posses exceptional analytical skills and be highly motivated to work in demanding environment. Previous management experience is also desired.
- Ensure efficient and timely communication flow between Paris, local HO and the stores
- Develop & execute relevant action plans for the Product priorities set by the Merch Manager/Zone team
- Develop the product information for the stores, innovating ways to effectively cascade the information to stores.
- Organise regular in-store meetings with store Managers / Experts, including regional stores
- Organize and facilitate regular product clubs with category managers/experts
- Work effectively with other departments in HO (VM, Press, CD, Events, Supply Chain, Digital, etc) to drive the business
MANAGEMENT OF STORE ASSORTMENT AND SEASONAL PRODUCTS:
- Review LG and ACC assortments 4 x per year to capitalise on business opportunities
- Create and distribute limited/seasonal product information to stores (allocations, images), track availability at launch, manage waitlist, respond to inquiries
- Put in place relevant sell through actions on all seasonal products, regularly reviewing sell-thru reports
- Support store teams with their product requests, coordinating efficient product transfers between stores/countries
- Take the Product lead for Trunk Shows including, but not limited to: training, merch. set, event support, results reporting
- Provide regular product feedback to the Zone team
- Share country best practices with the Zone team
- Prepare all pre-buying qualitative and quantitative information.
- Attend any buying sessions required, buying according to the product needs of the country
- Regular competition visits & reports on significant actions in the UK to the Zone team
- Serve as the point person for all product information/expertise for responsible categories
- Work with the Product Correspondent and Product Intern to prepare Quarterly product trainings
- Work with Zone to present the transversal trainings for RTW collections & Trunk Shows
- Prepare ad-hoc product trainings according to store needs (carvans, store openings, pop ups, etc)
PRODUCT TEAM COORDINATION
- Manage and develop the Product intern, ensuring success in their tasks for the product team and building their
- Responsible for management of the Budget file
- Coordination with the Product Correspondent on Product Team calendar events/trainings/store visits
- Take the lead in coordinating transversal product team communications/presentations
- Weekly merchandising and commercial activity update
- Monthly targets for Shoes and RTW, sell-through reports, best sellers report and any additional reporting
- Prepare & present business reviews for Zone/Central visits, store presentations and as needed by the Merch. Director