Fendi is seeking a WW Merchandiser Manager Woman Leather Goods heading the central retail merchandising team to contribute to the development of the global Woman Leather Goods business. He/She will help to set the central corporate strategy and define the buying vision accordingly. He/She will contribute to push the corporate strategy into the regions and pull fundamental information on trends and commercial needs from the markets. The position is based in Rome.
- Define the Leather Goods corporate strategy on how to drive the business by product lines and functionalities;
- Set the sales forecasts by product lines to reach the business ambition of the Leather Goods category;
- Define the central buying vision within the overall buying envelope, set the core assortment and strategic buying guidelines by store clusters;
- Formulate merchandising strategies and coordinate editing and buying during show room period for all regions (Asia, Cina, Japan, USA, Europe, ME), including order validation;
- Support the implementation of the merchandising strategies and drive the launch plans. Identify growth opportunities and develop quantitative business plans, including animation activities within regions;
- Develop regular sales analysis (weekly and monthly) by product category/region, driving possible actions;
- Develop with Supply Chain the vision on permanent sales and help with the stock management worldwide;
- Perform the necessary market analysis in order to identify market requirements and sales trends, in terms of styles, models, functions, price ranges and competition trends; This information should be used to communicate structured market feedback to the Product Managers;
- Coordinate markdown for global consistency to assure inventory aging standards are met;
- Elevate the skills on the Leather Goods category both in the buying teams and in the Retail teams.
- English fluent;
- University degree in Economics, Engineering, Business or related fields;
- At least 8 years' experience as Retail merchandiser, Buyer Woman Leather Goods or Product Manager;
- Excellent merchandising and analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to both communicate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of contact persons;
- Ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology;
- Strong luxury feeling, strong product sense;
- A prior experience in the European market as well as a strong knowledge of the Asian and Chinese client will be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of the main players in the Woman Leather Goods Business;
- Technical background of handling Woman Leather Goods;
- Skills in the analysis of sales statistics and market data;
- Strong luxury feeling and product sense.