The house of FENDI was established by Adele and Edoardo Fendi in Rome in 1925.
The opening of the first boutique, a handbag shop and fur workshop, in via del Plebiscito, followed in 1926, gaining immediate success.
Between the end of the 40s throughout the 50s, Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda, the five daughters of Edoardo and Adele, begin working for the family business, bringing new energy and ideas.
In 1965 they start the collaboration with a young German designer, the late Karl Lagerfeld. In his hands, a fashion revolution takes place: the fur is changed, moulded, redesigned and reinterpreted. At this time he designs the iconic “double F” logo that stands for “Fun Furs”.
In 1992, Silvia Venturini Fendi, third generation of the Fendi family, joins the company and seconds Karl Lagerfeld in the Artistic Direction. In 1994 she is given the responsibility of Accessories and then of the Menswear lines.
In September 2020, Kim Jones is appointed as Artistic Director of Couture and Womenswear.
Savoir-faire and limitless creativity combined with the research for high-quality materials and details are the secret behind the FENDI Icons, the Baguette and Peekaboo bags. Created by Silvia Venturini Fendi respectively in 1997 and 2008, these creations have not only passed the test of time but have become a symbol of the Maison itself.
Magical Fashion Shows
First in Fur
FENDI cultivates the most elevated craftsmanship, creating furs with its unique savoir-faire. This high attention to handcrafting the most extraordinary furs is a pursuit that has endured for over 90 years, producing a legacy of unprecedented invention and creativity in the art of fur.
Since 1925, fearless experimentation with precious fur has driven the creation of FENDI’s collections, combined with the incomparable technical prowess, extraordinary quality of materials and the Maison’s unparalleled creativity.
In the hands of the FENDI artisans and with the use of new techniques, fur becomes light, soft and versatile: the material of a new realm of fashion experimentation.
- 1925 the year of foundation of FENDI
- 5 fingers of a hand: the way Karl Lagerfeld used to call the Fendi sisters
- 54 years of collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld, the longest in fashion history between a designer and a Maison
FENDI on social media
- The perfect companion for an urban adventure: @highsnobiety takes the new #FendiMatch on a ride through the streets… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Delve into the Fendi Men's Winter Capsule through the lens of @highsnobiety. Captured on the streets of Brooklyn, t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- About last night. #EvanMock spotted at the #FashionAwards 2021 organized by British Fashion Council and presented b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…