Casual chic, aristocratic elegance and femininity all combine in the timeless world of Givenchy. Its style is the signature of Hubert de Givenchy, who established his own haute couture House at the beginning of the 1950s. Combining finesse, discretion and elegance, he ensured his designs and ateliers rose to the top and played a key role in international fashion. In 1957, the House expanded its scope with the launch of its first fragrance, L’Interdit – a product of the legendary friendship between Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn. Ever since, Givenchy fragrances have continued to cultivate elegance and boldness in order to enhance feminine beauty.
In June 2020, Givenchy opened a new chapter in its history with the appointment of Matthew M. Williams as Creative Director of women’s and men’s collections.
Hubert de Givenchy was an ambitious visionary and just 24 years old when he founded his House. He was able to predict the casual chic and democratization of luxury that would leave its mark on the 20th century, and launched his 'séparables' - elegant blouses paired with light skirts. This was the start of his success.
Givenchy is continuing its expansion overseas and plans to open over twenty boutiques a year throughout the world, particularly in the United States, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Givenchy boutiques will be opened in all the capital cities of the world and in the very best locations: from New York to Tokyo, and in Milan, Miami and London.
- 69 countries where Givenchy is present
- 50 direct operated stores
- 3 Avenue George V in Paris where Hubert de Givenchy established his fashion house in 1959
Givenchy on social media
- Actor @RobertDowneyJr wore a Givenchy Fall 2023 outfit, designed by @MATTMWMS, to the Paris Premiere of "Oppenheime… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Givenchy is pleased to announce the opening of its first Los Angeles location, at 413 North Rodeo Drive. Discov… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Actor #FinneganOldfield wore a Givenchy Spring 2024 pre-collection outfit, designed by @MATTMWMS, to the "Nouvelles… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…