LOEWE is defined by an obsessive focus on craft and unmatched expertise with leather, dating back to its beginnings as a leathermaking collective. These core values are reflected in the brand’s belief in the importance of craft in the modern age, featuring art in collections and stores, and its commitment to supporting contemporary culture around the world.
Since 2013, under LOEWE’s creative director Jonathan Anderson, the brand has started a new chapter, including a bold new visual identity, adding a spark of spontaneity and playfulness to the brand, a series of critically acclaimed Women’s and Men’s collections, as well as launching the LOEWE FOUNDATION Craft Prize, Eye/LOEWE/Nature, and Paula’s Ibiza collection. These actions combined with annual exhibitions of craft at Salone del Mobile in Milan, the creation of new icons the Puzzle, Hammock and Gate bags, have further elevated the house as an influential and global cultural force.
Given LOEWE’s Spanish heritage you might think that the name, and its pronunciation, derives from Castilian. The true provenance actually traces back to Germany and the technically gifted leathermaker Enrique Loewe Roessberg who unified the collective under his name. So from the beginning, LOEWE was a Spanish brand with a German name, and hard to pronounce. The correct, or more accurately, Spanish, way to say it is “lo-weh-vay”.
CASA LOEWE is the foundational concept for LOEWE stores. Denoting a place of luxury, intimacy and culture, CASA LOEWE is designed to feel like the townhouse of a sophisticated art collector, where LOEWE fashion collections are interspersed with art, craft and design from the LOEWE Collection, a growing collection built on principles of excellence, originality and craftsmanship. CASA LOEWE promises a different kind of shopping experience; that of a highly refined, personal and cultural space to be explored like a private residence.
Loewe aspires to become one of the world´s top 3 leading luxury leather Houses. A global relevant brand with an ongoing internationalization strategy, Loewe continues to develop with new stores openings : Tokyo Omotesando and Milan Via Montenapoleone in 2014 and Miami in the beginning of 2015.
- 1846 Loewe creation date
- 150 stores across the world distribute Loewe
- 1970 artist Vicente Vela created the Anagram, Loewe´s emblem of material and technical excellence
Loewe on social media
- LOEWE explores the world of William De Morgan through a capsule collection inspired by his ceramic creations. Shop… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Some of the guests that joined us at the CASA LOEWE Tokyo opening, celebrating the latest chapter in our global ret… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- The art collection at CASA LOEWE Tokyo captures an eclectic mood, featuring works by Caragh Thuring and Andrea Bütt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…