Marc Jacobs created Marc Jacobs International with Robert Duffy in 1984, basing the brand on two very simple concepts: a love of fashion and a commitment to quality. Finding the perfect balance between tradition and innovation, highlighting Jacobs’ exuberant creativity, the brand has become a driving force in the industry. With the addition of Marc by Marc Jacobs in 2001, Marc Jacobs International now offers two complete lines of ready-to-wear and accessories. Part of a generation that’s conscious of the world around it, sensitive to humanitarianism and social entrepreneurship, Marc Jacobs has made its mark as rebellious, unpredictable, original, unique, and authentic all at the same time. Committed to the communities around them, Marc Jacobs International leads by example, supporting over 75 charities and organizations around the world.
In 1984 Marc Jacobs launched his first collection under his brand and became the youngest designer to receive the New Fashion Talent award granted by the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Influenced by all areas of culture, Jacobs was artistic director at Louis Vuitton for 16 years from 1997 to 2013.
“Young and sweet and innocent and beautiful. The epitome of the girl I fantasize about.” Sofia Coppola and Marc Jacobs have collaborated personally and artistically numerous times since they became friends in the early ’90s. The famous writer and director perfectly embodies the brand’s arty spirit. The designer’s confidant and muse appeared in the 2001 advertisement for the very first handbag collection from Marc Jacobs, and directed the ad for the brand’s latest perfume, Daisy Dream.
As makeup forms an integral part of the fashion world, it was only natural for the introduction of Marc Jacobs Beauty in 2013. It is the latest offering in the brand’s global vision of fashion, from ready-to-wear to accessories, perfumes, and makeup. The Marc Jacobs Beauty collection offers a full range of color cosmetics, from foundation to lip gel to nail lacquer.
- 280 number of Marc Jacobs stores throughout the world
- 1,300 number of Marc Jacobs employees.
- 60 number of countries in which the brand is present.
Marc Jacobs on social media
- THE DENIM JOGGER. Photographed by Alexandra Gordienko Styled by Danielle Emerson February 19, 2021 in London, England.
- Zoe wears THE SOFTSHOT DITSY FLORAL 17. Photographed by Alexandra Gordienko Styled by Danielle Emerson February 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- THE STRAP SHOP. Update the old or customize the new. Jasmine wears THE SNAPSHOT DTM. Photographed by Alexandra Go… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…