Amongst all the wondrous characteristics of the Parisian leather goods Maison founded in Paris in 1849 lies this one extraordinary fact: its name belongs to Pauline Moynat, the first and only woman to bring feminine flair to the male-dominated metier of luxury trunk-making.
Historically, the Maison’s renaissance began parallel to the industrial boom with the invention of stylish travel trunks that redefined the art of traveling. From its 1873 English Trunk to the archetypal 1902 Limousine Trunk, which was customizable to cars’ bodies, Moynat’s close link to automobiles was only matched by the inspiration it drew from Belle Époque Paris and the creative world around it.
Two centuries later, Moynat continues its pioneering spirit. Through the mastery of traditional haute maroquinerie and innovative techniques, modern pieces are finished with exacting detail and uncompromising savoir-faire. Within this history lies a freedom of individuality to every Moynat creation.
THE OH! TOTE
Crafted from Canvas 1920 M monogram, this emblematic shape is adorned with new tri-coloured heritage ribbon - an artful detail that has been reimagined the archives. The leather trim handles are embellished with a round wheel-shaped detail, paying homage to the Maison's expertise in crafting bespoke automobile trunks.
THE GABRIELLE CLUTCH
Echoing the curved, sleek lines of Moynat’s historic Limousine Trunk, the Gabrielle Clutch bag is a discreet update to a signature shape of the Maison and a parallel of the city of Paris. Embellished with the distinct, M-shaped twist lock clasp and a removable strap for different ways of wearing.
Moynat’s unique trunk-making savoir-faire travels the world with displays of vintage trunks and travel objects at Moynat stores around the globe. These treasures from the past offer a harmonious perspective of contemporary creations and new destinations are planned for 2021.
- 1849 FOUNDING OF MAISON MOYNAT, TRUNKMAKER IN PARIS
- 20 Hours to make a Gabrielle Clutch
- 348 ADDRESS OF OUR STORE ON RUE ST HONORE IN PARIS
Moynat on social media
- Very proud to be a part of the LVMH Group in signing the “WE for ME” pact for the Métiers d’Excellence initiative.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Time travel : the 3rd edition of our Gazette takes you on a voyage to explore Paris and Moynat as they were 100 yea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- State of the art : traditional manufacturing in a modern setting. Moynat workshop in 1909 provided artisans with hi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…