It is not only the ambition to craft exceptional luggage but also the courage to question the status quo that lies at the heart of everything RIMOWA does. Since its founding by Paul Morszeck in 1898, RIMOWA has cultivated the pioneering spirit that is evident in every suitcase built. Inheriting his father’s visionary approach, it was Richard Morszeck who – inspired by the early days of aviation – discovered grooved aluminium as the ideal lightweight material for RIMOWA suitcases. A design classic was born. With the same ingenuity and courage as his father and grandfather, third generation owner Dieter Morszeck paved the way for RIMOWA’s global success. Thanks to his focus on state-of-the-art technology, uncompromising quality and timeless design, RIMOWA suitcases have become the global companion of choice for a sophisticated clientele. Today, with 3,000 employees worldwide, RIMOWA continues to combine craftmanship with precision technology and a commitment to courageous innovation, staying true to its heritage in today’s ever-changing world.
At RIMOWA, we say aluminium has Persönlichkeit, or personality. As it ages, it evolves. It is an organic, tactile material that reflects the character of those that use it, a record of a unique personal journey. Designed and engineered in Germany, our aluminium suitcases have recorded our life in Cologne. And although they’re made by our hands – with every dent, scratch, and sticker – they’re defined by yours.
Besides courage and curiosity, every pioneering idea is closely bound to its very own source of inspiration. At RIMOWA, it is the legendary JUNKERS F13 – the world’s first all-metal passenger aircraft. A symbol for a new era of travelling, constructed by visionary engineer Hugo Junkers in 1919.
It is not only the lightweight aluminium with its iconic groove design that inspired RIMOWA, but at the same time Hugo Junkers’ legacy of uniting people and nations that continues to shape the RIMOWA brand today.
- 3 Production sites worldwide
- 90 Average number of steps it takes to make a RIMOWA suitcase
- 200 Average number of components assembled in a Rimowa suitcase
RIMOWA on social media
- Two of a kind – the RIMOWA Essential Cabin and Trunk in white. #RIMOWA #RIMOWAessential pic.twitter.com/4bYw3TRWfM
- Poised to take on the summer. Discover the RIMOWA Essential Cabin in white in stores and online at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Trekking through the Cap de Creus Natural Park in Girona, Spain. Photographed by filmmaker Guillem C… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…