It all began with Pierre-François-Pascal Guerlain. A perfumer, chemist, inventor and researcher, the House’s founder settled up his first boutique in the heart of Paris, at 42, rue de Rivoli. The address quickly became an essential destination for dandies and elegant women. The House’s reputation at the courts of Europe peaked when in 1853, for the marriage of Napoleon III and Empress Eugénie, Pierre-François-Pascal created his Eau de Cologne Impériale, which he gave to the young bride as a wedding present.
Since then, five successive generations of Guerlain perfumers have held the House’s creative reins. Today, Thierry Wasser is the heir to an olfactory legacy of some 1100 fragrances and the intrepid leader of future projects, exploring the world in search of the most exclusive raw materials. It is this same audacity that drives Olivier Echaudemaison, Make-up Creative Director, and constantly aims to reveal and accentuate feminine beauty. Guerlain strives to create perfumes, make-up and skincare products that fulfill their primary functions, but also inspire emotion, surprise and wonder.
Four centuries ago in India, emperor Shah Jahan fell hopelessly in love with princess Mumtaz Mahal. He created the gardens of Shalimar in her honor, before dedicating the Taj Mahal to her. This incredible story fired the imagination of Jacques Guerlain, who created in 1925 the first oriental fragrance in history, sealed in its luxurious Baccarat crystal bottle: Shalimar.
Maison Guerlain, 68, avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris. The ultimate temple to beauty, this showcase celebrates the inimitable French art de vivre. Blending history and innovation, the prestigious and audacious address expresses the essence of Guerlain, welcoming its most iconic creations. At the head of the historic staircase, the attention is immediately captured by the perfume organ, with a plant-like design by Peter Marino that evokes a blooming flower, crafted by a master metalworker. On the first floor, the reinvented Institut Guerlain offers exceptional personalized treatments. On the most beautiful avenue in the world, an address that redefines “exceptional”.
- 68 avenue des champs-Elysées, Guerlain mythical address
- 1100 Olfactory creations since 1828
- 30,000 Orchids studied for Orchidée Impériale
Guerlain on social media
- Following in the footsteps of its illustrious predecessors - Ne m'oubliez Pas, Rouge D'Enfer, Rouge Automatique - K… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Created at Guerlain's groundbreaking production facility, La Ruche, KissKiss Tender Matte's unique formula features… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- The latest chapter in a story that began with the invention of Ne m'oubliez pas over 150 years ago, KissKiss Tender… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…