The story of the House of Hennessy began with one man’s vision. An Irish officer in the service of the King of France, Richard Hennessy foresaw the extraordinary international commercial potential of Cognac’s eaux-de-vie. In 1765, he set up his own business and founded a House that has since met with unequaled and unfailing success. That success is the result of a constant quest for excellence in the creation of exceptional cognacs, coupled with an ambitious business development strategy. At the end of the 18th century, Hennessy began to grow in all four corners of the globe, starting with the United States. At the beginning of the 19th century, the House set its sights on Australia and Southeast Asia. The South American, Japanese and Chinese markets were conquered in turn. In 1860, a quarter of cognac exports bore one name: Hennessy. In the 20th century, the work begun by the House’s founder was continued. A million cases were shipped in 1967, and twenty years later that figure was two million. With over five and a half million cases in 2013, Hennessy is now the top French wine and spirits brand by value in the world. In addition to the fabulous commercial success of a brand present on every continent and in over 130 countries, Hennessy cognac is an ambassador for French art de vivre the world over.
"Innovation means creating the classics of tomorrow." Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870, X.O is the perfect illustration of this maxim, which is dear to heart of the cognac House. Two years only after its creation, X.O allowed Hennessy to strengthen its presence in China. It gave the world a radically new approach to aging eaux-de-vie.
- 7 Generations of master blenders from one family have served the House
- 350,000 The number of casks that rest in Hennessy's cellars
- 70 Million bottles sold every year all over the world
Hennessy on social media
- @A_Phreshhh Personal bottle for the personal milestone. Never stop. Never settle.
- Here’s to a fresh start. Celebrate the #FirstDayofSpring with the Cherry Blossom Sour Cocktail. pic.twitter.com/wHsCRyRKSb
- 64 teams. Six rounds. One drink to get you through it all: The Punch Royal: bit.ly/2nptCYL pic.twitter.com/RST2gqUhN7