The House was established in Reims in 1843, by Joseph Krug, a visionary non-conformist with an uncompromising philosophy. Having understood that the true essence of Champagne is pleasure itself, his dream was to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual climate variations. Paying close attention to the vineyard’s character, respecting the individuality of each plot and its wine, as well as building an extensive library of reserve wines from many different years, allowed Joseph Krug to fulfil his dream.
With a very original approach to Champagne making, he decided to go beyond the notion of vintage to create the most generous expression of Champagne, every year. Thus, he founded a House in which all Champagnes are of the same level of distinction. Six generations of the Krug family have perpetuated this dream, enriching the founder’s vision and savoir faire.
Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has honoured this vision with each new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the most generous expression of Champagne.
Since 2011, the House invites Champagne lovers to enter the Krug iD – six digits printed on the back label of every Krug bottle – in a dedicated section of the Krug website, using the Krug App, via Twitter or Google, to take their experience one step further. The Krug iD reveals a detailed story of the Krug bottle, the Cellar Master’s impressions of the year, Krug Music Pairing suggestions, food pairing inspiration, as well as recommendations for ideal storage and service to enhance every tasting of Krug Champagne.
Krug was born over 175 years ago from a vision of uncompromising quality and transmission. Respectful of craftsmanship, viticulture and terroir, the House of Krug vows to ensure its continuity for the centuries to come. Only with a total commitment to sustainability through the protection of, and respect for nature is this possible. The House’s commitment to sustainable viticulture has been a priority since the very beginning. In 2004, Krug received ISO certification in environmental practices, energy management and food safety management. Krug’s viticulture is certified sustainable and it was the first Maison of LVMH to be awarded the Positive Luxury title.
- Over 120 wines from more than 10 different years in each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée
- 400 WINES auditioned each year 250 wines of the year + 150 reserve wines
- Over 20 years of careful craftsmanship are required for each Edition
Krug on social media
- “A journey with Krug is lifelong milestone. With transmission at our core, our priority is the longevity of the Hou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- The House of #Krug invites you to discover Krug Clos du Mesnil 2006. Fourteen years after the beautiful #harvest f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Picnic season in full swing. Take your favourite #Krug pairings outdoors and enjoy those moments best shared.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…