For the 6th edition of the LVMH Innovation Award, Livi*, muse of the recruitment campaign and ‘Face of Innovation’ of the Group unveils the 21 startups that will join the LVMH Lab at this year’s edition of Viva Technology from June 15-18 to compete for the challenge.
LVMH has been a partner of Europe’s biggest annual startup and tech event since its creation, inviting startups and thought leaders to invent the future of luxury with fresh ideas and disruptive solutions bridging the physical and virtual spaces.
From a field of 950 cutting-edge solutions representing 75 countries, LVMH shortlisted 21 startups, 48% of whose projects are led by women. These solutions address key challenges for LVMH Maisons. Winning candidates will be invited to join the LVMH accelerator program, La Maison des Startups, at the Station F incubator.
“Fusing creativity and innovation is at the core of LVMH’s DNA, and we’re excited to welcome these 21 new startups to our incomparable ecosystem. Livi will play an important role at VivaTech and we’re proud to have her represent the innovative initiatives of the Group and our Maisons,” says LVMH Group Managing Director Toni Belloni.
Six startups will be recognized in six different categories, which cover the major challenges of the world of luxury and its ecosystem:
- 3D/Virtual Product Experience & Metaverse
- Employee Experience & CSR
- Media & Brand Awareness
- Omnichannel & Retail
- Operations & Manufacturing Excellence
A special prize will also go to a startup for the most compelling data and artificial intelligence solution. One of the finalist startups will be named winner of the LVMH Innovation Award.
Set for June 16, the awards ceremony will be co-hosted by Livi, who will be joined in her virtual abode by experts to share their vision of the future of luxury.
Find out more about the startups selected in the different categories:
3D/Virtual Product Experience & Metaverse
- Bitski: NFT Marketplace and wallet enabling interoperability between metaverses
- BlockBar: NFT Marketplace for direct-to-consumer sales of Wines and Spirits
- DressX: Digital wardrobe that anyone can wear virtually
- Lingo3D: Solution that allows brands to easily create online exhibitions and virtual pop-ups
Employee Experience & CSR
- Bloomin: Platform for real-time measurement and analysis of the employee experience
- Gamino: Digital trainings to raise awareness on disabilities
- Lumm: Tools and training to support employees’ mental well-being
Media & Brand Awareness
- Lumen: Eye tracking technology for the understanding and optimization of digital ads
- NWO.ai: Early identification of new micro trends using data from search engines and social networks
- SeenThis: Streaming technology that speeds up the display of video ads
Omnichannel & Retail
- Chata: Dynamic translation of natural language into database query language
- MarqVision: Counterfeit detection and removal for online sales
- The ShowCase: Phygital solution for remote video presentation of Watches and Jewelry
- Orquest : Workforce management scheduling software
Operations & Manufacturing Excellence
- Astrachain: Cloud collaboration and decentralized storage software for confidential data
- Einblick: Collaborative platform to explore data, create predictions and deploy prescriptive insights
- TOSHI: The final stage of luxury services, bringing the store to the customer
- BioFluff: 100% plant-based alternative fur
- Genesis: Monitoring the health of agricultural soils
- Sweep: Measuring and optimizing carbon emissions throughout a company’s value chain
- WeTurn: Transforming unsold textiles into new yarns and fabrics
*Livi, for LVMH Innovation Virtual Insider, is the new ‘Face of Innovation’ of the LVMH Group, tasked with promoting innovative projects led by the Group and its Maisons across different LVMH digital channels. Livi will also actively support the Group’s annual challenge for startups, the LVMH Innovation Award, which takes place during the Viva Technology event.
Modeled in 3D by Altava – a 2021 LVMH Innovation Award finalist – and dressed by LVMH Fashion and Jewelry Maisons, Livi will have a lead role during the upcoming VivaTech event from June 15 -18. She will be co-host of the LVMH Innovation Award live from her virtual home and also take part in the digital edition of VivaTech, welcoming experts to talk about the major challenges of the future of luxury.