In line with the Group’s commitment to highlighting the careers of artisans and preserving ancestral know-how and following the lead of its partnership with ELLE magazines on the Prix des Artisanes created in 2021 in France, LVMH Métiers d’Excellence created the “Maestri d’Eccellenza” award, in collaboration with Fendi, Confartigianato and the Italian National Chamber of Fashion.
This new Group initiative aims to raise awareness on the importance of passing on italian know-how to preserve their rich heritage, as well as to promote the careers of craftsmen to recognize and train the talents of tomorrow.
To emphasize this purpose, the “Maestri d’Eccellenza” award includes three categories:
- Master Craftsman of Excellence: for experienced artisans who have distinguished themselves for the quality of their projects and their career path, their development strategy and the transmission of their know-how linked to the Italian tradition and heritage. This award is intended for professionals and companies with at least 5 years of experience.
- Emerging Master Craftsman of Excellence: for emerging talents in craftsmanship carrying a promising and ongoing project created in the 5 years prior to their registration in the competition.
- Master of Innovation of Excellence: for professionals and companies that have distinguished themselves by their capacity for innovation, preserving historical knowledge and skills while reinterpreting them in a modern key.
Applications will be open until May 14, 2023, on the dedicated website.
Following the study of all applications, the winners will be selected by a jury of internal and external experts and revealed in September 2023. Each one of them will be granted:
- €10,000 to be reinvested in their company
- Media exposure (print and digital)
- Mentoring sessions with experts from the Fendi Maison