LVMH’s Métiers d’Excellence initiative is embarking on a tour of five French cities to meet talented future employees, targeting both junior, high school and university students, as well as people seeking reskilling opportunities. Organized annually since 2015, the Métiers d’Excellence recruiting initiative enables a broad public to learn about career opportunities in creative, craft and customer experience professions that center on exceptional skills, thanks to a vast range of training and work/study programs or internships, as well as job offers in over 30 varied fields such as stylist, couturier, leather goods artisan and sales associate.
Dubbed “You and Me”, this eighth edition is sponsored by former NBA and international basketball star Tony Parker. With a dual live and online format, the traveling event kicks off a recruiting campaign that will run until the end of April and aims to fill more than 1,200 positions (600 apprenticeships and internships, plus 600 permanent or fixed-term contracts) available at LVMH Maisons in France, to help drive their continued growth.
The “You and ME” campaign debuts today in Clichy-sous-Bois, a longstanding partner of the Métiers d’Excellence LVMH, with Tony Parker in attendance. The tour then continues to cities in and around LVMH employment catchment areas: Reims on March 18, Valence on March 23, Orléans on April 1 in partnership with the Cosmetic Valley, and finally Paris on April 13.
“We have a record 1,200 offers available this year, making it more important than ever to reach out and engage with our future talents across France. ‘You and ME’ is designed for direct and local contacts, illustrating the desire of the LVMH Group and our Métiers d’Excellence to effectively support young people and reskilling candidates by helping them learn about opportunities in professions that are actively recruiting and which are essential to our shared cultural heritage. We are thrilled to have support from Tony Parker, with whom we share the values of excellence, passing on skills and passion,” says Chantal Gaemperle, LVMH Executive Vice President Human Resources and Synergies.
“I’m delighted to be supporting LVMH and its Institut des Métiers d’Excellence as sponsor of the ‘You and ME’ Tour. Education, of course, as well as access to excellence, recognition of savoir-faire and passing on skills are all values that inspire me each day. I launched my first Tony Parker Adéquat Academy in 2019 in Lyon, and the second is set to open in Saint-Ouen just after the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. Like the LVMH IME, these schools are all about passion and provide real-world laboratories to define new ways to support young people and help them pursue their life plans,” comments Tony Parker, founder of the Tony Parker Adéquat Academy.
The agenda for the events includes a presentation of the Métiers d’Excellence and training programs offered by the Institut des Métiers d’Excellence LVMH (IME) and its partner schools, live demonstrations by tutors and apprentices, plus coaching sessions (résumé writing and preparing for job interviews) with Human Resources teams from LVMH Maisons.
In addition, a concurrent French-speaking online program available to everyone goes live at 2 pm today at https://youandme.lvmh.com for all those unable to attend one of the tour stops in person. This platform presents the different training and career itineraries and opportunities in métiers with exceptional savoir-faire across the LVMH Group, and will be available in replay.
Interested candidates can register at https://youandme.lvmh.com, which also provides access to the 1,200 work/study program, internship and job offers, as well as an array of related content.
The Métiers d’Excellence LVMH embody the Group’s commitment to supporting youth and reskilling candidates by letting them discover unique and often little-known skills. This year the Institut des Métier d’Excellence LVMH is introducing a special program to train and recruit people with disabilities for sales positions, in partnership with EMASUP.
The IME has also forged a new partnership with the association Le Refuge to support inclusion and a return to the workforce for young members of the LGBTI+ community.
Have a look at the photos of this first date of the tour in Clichy-sous-Bois:
Les Métiers d’Excellence LVMH at a glance
LVMH Métiers d’Excellence represent:
- 1,200 positions to be filled by April 2022 (600 apprenticeships and internships, plus 600 permanent or fixed-term job offers, all posted on https://youandme.lvmh.com )
- Over 280 Creative, Craft and Customer Experience métiers within the LVMH Group
- 80,000 people around the world work in these métiers and ensure the excellence of the products from LVMH and its Maisons
- The Métiers d’Excellence LVMH promotes career-long learning. It aims to attract new generations and recruit the most talented people from every background, and to preserve the unique savoir-faire that is essential to the success of the Group and its Maisons.
The Institut des Métiers d’Excellence LVMH:
- Created in 2014, this program has a work/study format for both young people and people seeking reskilling opportunities, in partnership with schools renowned in their respective disciplines.
- With a presence in six countries (France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Japan and Germany), it trains people in creative, craft and customer experience métiers.
- Two new classes will be added for the upcoming school year:
- one for customer experience métiers, designed specifically for people with disabilities in partnership with EMASUP (Access Retail),
- a second specialized in distance selling skills (Client Advisor class), in partnership with EIMI Paris.
The Métiers d’Excellence LVMH Excellent! program:
- Introduced in 2021, the Excellent! program presents the Métiers d’Excellence practiced across LVMH to junior high school students.
- Junior high school students from four partner schools in Clichy-sous-Bois and Montfermeil took part in discovery internships.
L’Académie des Métiers d’Excellence :
- Created in 2022, the Académie des Métiers d’Excellence provides continuing education opportunities for people who practice métiers with exceptional skills throughout their careers.
- It proposes skills development programs and master classes in conjunction with partner schools.
- L’Académie has developed a distance selling program for sales associates at La Samaritaine and Le Bon Marché, as well as an acculturation master class for Virtuosos in France and Italy.