Moët & Chandon
Since 1743 when it was founded, Moët & Chandon has been passing down unequaled winemaking savoir-faire and an innovative and pioneering spirit from generation to generation.
Claude Moët, its founder, was the first person to embody these values when he made his Champagne the most sought-after in Europe. With his grandson, Jean Remy Moët, a pioneering and visionary mind, Moët & Chandon became a major international champagne brand. This saga quickly transformed the family House into a worldwide symbol of success.
The 1,190 hectares of rich limestone soil, 50% of which is classed as Grand Cru and 25% Premier Cru, make up the largest vineyard area in Champagne. Underground, the Moët & Chandon cellars are the most extensive in the region. Extending more than 28 kilometers, they form a subterranean labyrinth where the wine metamorphoses under optimum conditions of humidity and temperature.
As the House's signature cuvée, Moët Impérial is its most comprehensive and universal expression. This Champagne is a perfectly executed blend of over 200 crus, mingling the full body of pinot noir with the suppleness of meunier and the finesse of chardonnay. The very incarnation of balance in Champagne for over 150 years.
For Benoît Gouez, Cellar Master at Moët & Chandon since 2005, the champagne that he was previously ignorant of has now become a passion. In his own words: “I’m not from the wine world. I arrived here through a series of encounters, circumstances and above all, intuition! “. Benoît Gouez’s enthusiasm and expertise drove him to understand the spirit of Moët & Chandon Champagne, which he has been magnifying with boldness and elegance, vintage after vintage.
Only Moët & Chandon could innovate by breaking the rules. The House rose to a new challenge by developing a luxuriously revolutionary Champagne: Moët Ice Impérial is the very first refreshing Champagne to be enjoyed over ice, in large glasses that have been specially designed to reveal all of its subtlety.
- More than 270 years of history
- 1,190 hectares of vineyards
- More than 150 NUMBER OF COUNTRIES WHERE Moët & Chandon IS PRESENT
Moët & Chandon on social media
- Dining in can be just as special with the right pairing. Go for our Grand Vintage 2012 to elevate your evening.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- As the days get cozier, brighten your happy hours with Moët Impérial. Tag who you’re sharing it with.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Moët Impérial - for those unexpected brunch indulgences. Tag who you’re toasting to. pic.twitter.com/aoocb3SMBE