Job ID: 182989
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and works smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. And we have fun doing it. This group of motivated self-starters and true team players is absolutely integral to our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will focus on the core functions of network and security support, engineering: planning, implementation, analysis, maintenance, administration and reporting for the Retail and Corporate environment. Reporting to the Director, Network Engineering, you will be required to apply solid technical, business, and problem-solving skills and create productive relationships with business units and internal IT teams. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with the business and application owners on design, troubleshooting, support, and documentation of new application deployment and enhancements
- Architect, engineer, and troubleshoot Palo Alto/Fortinet firewalls and services
- Engineer/Support Retail and Corporate buildings/floors
- Engineer application and network designs to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and security best practices
- Attend planning meetings, including Discovery/Discovery Results/Architecture Council and provide suggestions on design.
- Provide technical expertise in business initiatives and projects
- Manage and lead internal IT initiatives and projects from other groups
- Create end-to-end project tasks and expect to be accountable for entire project completion
- Configure and install network and security related hardware and software
- Provide day-to-day support of the LAN (Cisco), WAN, and WLAN (Aruba) network
- Perform scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Manage and maintain network and security documentation through collaborative applications
- Work with application owners on troubleshooting issues, even though it may not be network related issue
- Troubleshoot network and provide Post Incident Writeup (PIR) and present to management
- Provide strong customer service and facilitate collaboration between project teams and clients.
- Proactively identify, isolate and resolve network problems to avoid minimal impact to the business
- Perform internal audits and reviews to ensure compliance with all security policies and procedures which includes internal penetration and vulnerability scans
- Evaluate new and emerging network security trends, products and technologies
- Create and update Jiras for Kanban and project related tasks
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 6+ years of experience with networking and security technologies (must have experience in a retail environment)
- 8+ years of overall information technology experience
- Experience configuring/architecting of Fortinet, PAN, or other layer7 Firewalls
- Solid background in Layer 2-7 technologies
- Aruba wireless experience helpful
- Aruba Clearpass experience a MUST, including 802.1X, Radius, AAA, policy Management, B.Y.O.D, extremely helpful
- SD-WAN experience a big plus
- Automation experience a big plus
- Business Analyst experience extremely helpful
- Security, including SSL Certificate administration
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with Security preferred, including experience in the setup, tuning and management of security appliances (next gen firewalls, IPS/IDS, ACS, web filters)
- Experience with VPN technologies (both IPSec and SSL)
- Familiar with Layer 3-8 troubleshooting
- Knowledge of diagnostic networking tools (do you know how to read a packet capture)
- Flexibility in work schedule, off-hours for project implementation and 7 by 24 on-call support
- Experience in WAN environments, installing and troubleshooting circuit problems (MPLS, OCxx, T1, DS3) and traffic shaping/QoS
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field and / or equivalent experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.