Job ID: 183538
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and works smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. And we have fun doing it. This group of motivated self-starters and true team players is absolutely integral to our future success.
Your role at Sephora: As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for collaborating with multiple business units to achieve end to end business process optimization and standardization for the Supply Chain Inventory, Planning and Merchandising Systems. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, Business Systems & Inventory, you will be responsible for multiple domains in the Planning and Inventory Management space and will be key to driving the evolution of the legacy systems, by evaluating tools, improvements to processes as we decouple some of the legacy functions within Sephora systems. In addition, you will:
- Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to analyze, understand, and document current-state and/or similar business process models and business requirements to support design, optimization, and documentation (mapping) of new processes to support business objectives.
- Work on issues of the highest complexity and strategic value where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including a broad understanding of current business trends.
- Act as the process and subject matter expert for Supply Chain Inventory and Planning area.
- Evaluate and articulate technical requirements and identify impact, risk and benefit of alternative solutions.
- Develop BRD/BPDs/functional specifications for new systems, systems changes and/or system enhancements.
- Configure system settings and option; Plans and facilitates SIT and UAT; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by mentoring more junior level staff and leading meetings.
- Take a leadership role in project management activities, including estimating, developing, and monitoring project plans for medium sized projects, often spanning multiple application areas.
- High aptitude for interpreting technical documentation as well as authoring or updating documents including help desk run books.
- Facilitating and providing documentation to support Training.
- Provide 3rd level post implementation support to business users with a strong client service.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-manage multiple projects within tight timeframes and dynamic priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional project teams.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Strong background implementing cloud-based solutions and vendor management experience.
- Strong attention to detail; superior follow-up skills and be result oriented with effective oral / written communications ability.
- Strong analytical skill to devise solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills. Able to effectively present complex solutions to technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
- Effective at building consensus across the organization.
- Proven track record in meeting deadlines and delivering successfully.
- Be a life-long learner with a high just in time learning capability.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of inventory management, planning systems required.
- BY SCPO Application, SAP Inventory Management system implementation or configuration is a plus.
- BS in Information Systems and / or equivalent experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.