Job ID: 194536
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Remote Eligible: Yes
Sephora has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997, then launched stateside in 1998 and is currently home to 300+ world-class brands - including its private label, Sephora Collection. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products, including makeup, skincare, perfume, hair care, body care, professional tools, and more.
In Sephora Americas, we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. With leaders who listen and inspire, everyone is encouraged to be their best. Reimagine your future, with Sephora.
What you'll do
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of current and next generation solutions for secure, scalable and robust microservices cloud platform. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving hard problems, building teams, coaching engineers on writing highly scalable code, and who has a know-how of latest technologies and scalable architectures. You will be the inspiration for the technical team and inspire them continuously to improve the architecture. You will guide the technical approaches for several problems at once, working with our engineers to craft a system that's scalable, reliable and a delight to our customers.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Own software architecture and technical approach across the cloud platform.
- Design and implement core, high-performance, distributed scalable systems.
- Innovate and drive technical vision, influence platform roadmap and vision.
- Mentor and lead the engineering team as a subject matter expert for all technology, performance and architecture related issues.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive key design decisions, document/communicate architectural expectations and ensure alignment.
- Know the latest industry trends and evaluate new technologies for appropriateness of applications.
- Ensure platform components have a clear separation of concerns and are designed for reliability or easy scaling.
- Participate and provide feedback for load and performance testing.
- Define and implement logging, monitoring and alerting framework for critical metrics at various levels.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS, services, applications, network, and security.
- Support on-call for operational issues and customer engagements.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Influence decisions, build consensus, and resolve conflicts constructively and proactively.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- 10+ years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with high performance MySQL/NoSQL environments.
- Experience in developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems.
- Experience in enterprise cloud development.
- Substantial experience in building distributed SaaS/PaaS systems.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- Experience in Enterprise Integration patterns and solution.
- Experience of Retail or eCommerce domain.
- Experience in design and implementation of Azure Cloud systems.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy...
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.