Job ID: 203613
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Digital/E-Commerce
Remote Eligible: Yes
Sephora has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997, then launched stateside in 1998 and is currently home to 300+ world-class brands - including its private label, Sephora Collection. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products, including makeup, skincare, perfume, hair care, body care, professional tools, and more.
In Sephora Americas, we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. With leaders who listen and inspire, everyone is encouraged to be their best. Reimagine your future, with Sephora.
Position: Bi-Lingual Remote Chat Beauty Advisor – French/English (Full Time)
CURRENTLY HIRING NIGHTS AND WEEKEND SHIFTS
Sephora Home Chat Program
The Sephora Home Chat program is an exciting new initiative in which Beauty Advisors connect with clients via online written chat through our Sephora.com website.
When working in online chat, or “Home Chat” as we call it, you will be chatting with 1-2 clients at the same time, giving them advice on ingredients, making product suggestions, and using your selling skills and expertise to help build the client’s virtual shopping basket.
This role is full time and remote, requiring high-speed, reliable Wi-Fi internet, prior Beauty retail experience and scheduling flexibility. For this specific role, we are looking for candidates who can write fluently in both English and French to help service our French-speaking Canadian Sephora.com clients.
If you are currently a Sephora store employee, you should understand that being hired into this role will require you to leave your store role as it is full-time. Current employees must apply through Internal job posting only.
Your role at Sephora:
· Provide exceptional solutions for client requests / inquires that come through written live chat software while working remotely from home. Inquiries may include: beauty consultations, product information, help with ingredients and general questions about Sephora.com products.
· Demonstrate Sephora standards for quality service and incorporate Sephora culture into every client interaction
· Utilize your product knowledge and passion to upsell and add to a client’s basket in order to drive Sephora.com sales
· Fulfill client requests by asking clarifying questions and providing relevant recommendations or solutions
· Maintain open communication with lead / QA / Supervisor for support and personal development
· Apply feedback and coaching to develop skills that will improve the client satisfaction you provide
· Proactively engage in the Sephora.com website, knowledge base, and other tools to enhance the client experience
· Maintain composure, professionalism, and contact control when dealing with challenging clients to find the best possible solution
· Use positive, professional, and appropriate grammar and word choice in written communication with clients via chat
· Be punctual to work by logging in on time and adhere to all schedules and deadlines as scheduled in advance
· Meet or exceed all productivity key performance indicators (KPIs) and quality goals as outlined
· Ability to self-motivate and work remotely in a quiet space, uninterrupted and without distraction
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours including early mornings, evenings and one required weekend day, which will be determined by business need.
· Ability to work full time, 40 hours per week.
· Ability to communicate in writing fluently in both English and French.
We’re excited about you if you have:
· Passion for Sephora clients and all things beauty
· 1-2 years of experience in the retail beauty industry
· Strong knowledge of Sephora brands, products, ingredients, and application techniques
· Well-developed listening, comprehension, verbal, and written communications skills
· Maintain poise, patience, and professionalism in client engagement and contact center environment
· Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization, and time management skills to ensure that all client related inquiries / tasks / requests are completed accurately and at the first contact
· Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, high-demand, and fast-paced environment
· Solid communication skills to effectively communicate with various levels of management and support
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner
· Strong time management skills
· Maintain positive and upbeat attitude towards team members and clients at all times
You’ll love working here because:
· The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
· The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
· The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy...
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
As a condition of employment, Sephora requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition, a sincerely held religious belief or practice, or a requirement by law.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.