Christian Dior is seeking an experienced and strategic lawyer to join the Americas team as Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel must be agile, self-sufficient and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities primarily involving data privacy/protection and compliance matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and handle all aspects of data privacy and security matters for the company.
- Provide day to day assistance across the company on privacy/data protection and data security issues
- Partner with business departments on review and negotiation of contracts.
- Review and evaluate proposed agreements.
- Negotiate (internally and externally) terms of agreements, partnering with business department and attorneys.
- Draft agreements, consulting with business partners and attorneys as required
- Refine and scale company’s Americas compliance processes, including but not limited to vendor management, data privacy and ethics.
- Help solidify company-wide understanding of our Code of Conduct and anti-corruption policies.
- Assist with the development and presentation of compliance trainings.
- In collaboration with VP, Legal Counsel, manage litigation matters.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in applicable laws and regulations.
- Work with Headquarter, other LVMH Legal Departments, and external counsel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- JD and Bar admission in good standing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a privacy-focused role, with deep understanding of the data protection laws, requirements and regulator expectations in the U.S., Canada and globally
- Proficiency in Contracts Law.
- Ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exercise sound, pragmatic judgment and think strategically.
- Strong business acumen.