Job Title: Benefits Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Compensation and Benefits
Performs a wide variety of complex and administrative duties. Duties require considerable confidentiality, initiative, professionalism, and independent judgment. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required as the Benefits Manager is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement plans as well as providing support on HR projects and initiatives. The role will be offered a salary within the range of $95,000 - $115,000, plus opportunity for bonus, eligibility to participate in the Company's comprehensive benefits plans, along with additional employees discounts and perks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits eligibility information in HRIS System to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information
- Leads all new-hire benefit orientations/training sessions.
- Develops Benefit Communication and counsel’s employees benefit claim issues, plan changes, life status changes, FMLA, disability, 401 (k) inquiries among other general inquiries
- Partners with LVMH Shared Services in distributing all benefit enrollment materials, flu shot events and other group initiatives
- Partners with LVMH Shared Services during the open enrollment process.
- Responsible for streamlining benefits processes
- Responsible for managing all FMLA and disability-related leaves of absence, as well as third party vendor ensuring appropriate communication and adherence to law. Advises appropriate HR members of all leave situations.
- Handles all Workers Comp Claims
- Processes monthly VEBA Billing statements for submission to HR controlling
- Acts as liaison between LVMH Shared Services and employees to address all employee concerns
- Submits 401k wire transfer info to HR Controlling
- Partners with Payroll to ensure that employee paid leave, voluntary deductions etc. are up to date to ensure accurate payout as well as adjust any discrepancies
- Partners closely with HR Project Manager to provide project support as needed.
- Contributes to the maintenance and updating of internal process documentation. Assists in developing and maintaining project management best practices. Identifies and recommends process improvements
- Oversee the day-to-day project management activities for several active projects within Human Resources
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a highly complex work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information
- Ability to organize and keep track of important documents
- Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable multi-state laws
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Experience with UKG UltiPro, SAP Success Factors & Kronos is a plus
- Customer service focused
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in an HR/Payroll/Benefits capacity
- Strong PC Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills