MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Director, Global Operational Marketing- China, will be the primary liaison between the China local market in accordance with the vision and plan of Global Marketing and Global Retail. They will be charged with planning and collaborating go-to-market campaigns, generating competitive intelligence and analysis, following local digital and consumer trends, and sharing China market best practices to global partners, and co-developing business strategies. The Director, Global Operational Marketing- China, will be a champion of building relationships, and will promote sharing of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences with local teams and cross functional partners including global marketing, product development, global retail, education, digital, creative and pricing.
A strategic and creative thinker, the Director, Global Operational Marketing- China, will proactively improve collaboration, communication and effectiveness to meet both global and local business needs.
- Drive speed to market in China, partnering cross-functionally to deliver campaign calendar
- Act as the advocate of China market, work collaboratively with global cross-functional teams to develop campaign strategy
- Serve as the subject matter expert of China’s ecosystem across online and offline channels
- Foster collaborative relationships between cross-functional teams and the local China team
- Conduct and present business analysis to support brand strategies against budget processes and market development projects
- Synergize and synchronize the marketing calendar and activation for the Chinese consumer across key markets
- Collaborate with Global Online/Digital teams to support the growth of the International Online business and omni-channel initiatives
- Evaluate new growth opportunities across all channels while supporting the existing business needs
- Conduct and present business analyses to support brand strategies against budget processes and market development projects
- Create and present quarterly up to date China Market Reviews to the management team and cross-functional teams
- Work with Global Retail team to develop education, retail experience, and visual merchandising strategy for campaigns and on-going practices
- Partner with Global Operations and local team to develop forecast plan for new launches
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
You will have a rich understanding of the global strategy and the local go-to-market execution, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals & activation.
What you will achieve in 12 months?
You will become the expert in the local market, representing their needs and serving as their voice to the Global team. You will see influential results in successful campaigns, application of new initiatives and process improvement, on both global and local teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA highly preferred, but not required
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in a global business development role
- Previous experience working with Asian markets and in Travel Retail required
- Fluency in Mandarin required
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Results-oriented & ability to make fast decisions and necessary corrective actions
- Commercial knowledge acquired from previous experiences in managing key accounts, trade marketing or field role
- Excellent knowledge of the retail skincare industry and consumer behaviors
- Superb communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with various business partners effectively and to manage by influence
- Highly resourceful and flexible with the ability to problem solve in a timely manner
- Strives for excellence in execution
Based in New York, NY
$135,000 - $155,000