The Marketing Manager is responsible for being the voice of brands in the market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is adhered to at all times. Planning and implementing appropriate marketing strategies for specified brands supporting them to reach greater brand awareness and key sales and profitability objectives. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding and passion for the beauty industry and is a prestige marketing strategist who can work closely and confidently with key cross-functional partners. This position works collaboratively with the Associate Marketing Manager, PR & Influencer team, and the National Accounts Sales & Marketing team, UK Sales & Education team as well as being a key contact with our global brand partners in San Francisco.
- Support the Senior Director, Brand & Marketing & Marketing Director in the implementation and execution of marketing plans which develop the brands, in line with the global strategy, which also meets the specific needs of the UK market
- Brand guardian in the market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is always adhered to, thereby establishing exceptional relationships with all partners & channels.
- Work closely with the global brand team on timelines, key dates, and specific UK needs
- Liaise closely with the Visual Merchandising team to implement merchandising guidelines to ensure consistency of image, ensuring the brands look best in class in all store environments
- Localise and maximise brand creative provided via global Kento boxes making sure all executions are aligned to brand guidelines and approved by the Senior Brand & Marketing Director.
- Collate and share competitor’s pricing analysis to support in-market pricing strategy
- Accountable for ensuring that the budget tracker is always up-to-date and within the budget allocated
- Work closely with the PR & Influencer Manager / Associate Manager ensuring we are maximising and leveraging PR and influencers within our marketing plans & the Ecom Manager for a fully cohesive Omnichannel experience.
- Leads regular review, forecast, monitor spending and report the effectiveness of these plans to ensure we are on track to hit key sales and profitability objectives
- Manage and oversee tracking of sampling
- Gaining cooperation, commitment, support and coordination across all functions in the UK and Global teams
- Develop and manage the successful launch of new products and core pillars from creation to execution
- Communicating our markets marketing plans to a wider team and to global partners and ensuring that each activity is suitably supported, implemented and later evaluated
- Responsible for analysing each individual brand’s sales history and corresponding marketing investment and supporting the development of future strategies on the basis of that analysis alongside the National Accounts team
- Collate and share trends, competitor’s activity, and pricing analysis to support in-market pricing strategy internally and with the global team
- 7+ years relevant experience; beauty industry/brand experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience in launching/managing a marketing plan in a retail business.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience in managing campaigns from start to finish.
- Fashion or luxury goods experience desired; passion for the beauty industry.
- Working with global head office experience preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to cultivate strong partnerships across cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker and proactive, resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to seek out and identify up-and-coming global beauty, fashion and culture trends.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Organised and keen attention to detail in both managing tasks and budget tracking.
- Experience presenting to the executive level.
- Able to work under pressure effectively & efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to constantly juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive demeanour with a can-do attitude.