2 Gold Lions, 2 Silver Lions, 3 Bronze Lions, and above all a Titanium Lion … The Kenzo World shot by Spike Jonze won over everyone’s hearts and minds at the Cannes Lions! These kudos crowned the Maison’s bold creativity and joined the 11 other awards Kenzo has taken home since the campaign was released in September 2016.
The Kenzo World video proved a huge hit at the recent Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, which took place from June 17-24. This high-profile annual event brings together communications professionals from over 100 countries who work in creative communications, entertainment, design and tech. Kenzo Parfums won a total of eight Lions:
– 3 Bronze Lions: art direction, editing and cyber video;
– 2 Silver Lions: casting and cinematography;
– 2 Gold Lions: film direction and use of original music;
– Titanium Lion
The Titanium Lion is an exceptional award that goes to game-changing campaigns that shake up existing norms and rewrite the rules. The inspiring work chosen moves the entire ad industry forward.
— Cannes Lions (@Cannes_Lions) June 24, 2017
Kenzo World is the first fragrance conceived by Kenzo creative directors Carol Lim and Humberto Leon, inspired by a bold, free-spirited and powerful woman. Directed by Spike Jonze, the film follows actress Margaret Qualley in an electric ambiance that is a far cry from the standard genre of perfume ads. Since its release online, the Kenzo World film has won 19 awards, celebrating its disruptive spirit and the strong impact of the Kenzo identity. The fragrance was launched in September 2016 in France, the USA, Belgium, Netherlands et Saudi Arabia in the first place, then in Germany and the UK in June.
Among the other awards won by Kenzo World:
– Epica International Awards: Gold award for online luxury campaign and Grand Prix Film.
– Prix Communication & Entreprise : Prix d’Honneur for the ad campaign.
– WWD Beauty Inc : Award for best fragrance commercial.
– Grand Prix Stratégies du Luxe 2016: Silver medal for the bottle, made of black rubber, pink gold and opaline; 1st Prize for the ad campaign; Grand Prix Stratégies du Luxe.
– Oscars CosmétiqueMag : Communications and Design prizes.
– Centre du Luxe et de la Création : Luxury Marketing Award.
– Prix d’Excellence de la Beauté 2017 : “Prix de l’audace”.
– Popai Awards: Gold Award in “gondola head, technical and innovation” category; Silver Award in “fragrance floor stocker and floor display” category”; Bronze Award in “fragrance merchandizing and shelf display” category.