The 2019 edition of Viva Technology, the world’s premier rendezvous celebrating innovation, is set for May 16-18 in Paris. LVMH is a major sponsor of the event for the fourth consecutive year, both as co-organizer via media group Les Echos and as a top-tier partner. With its 500-square-meter Luxury Lab, the world leader in luxury confirms its active engagement with the startup ecosystem and continuous commitment to innovation that fuses the best of technology and savoir-faire.
This commitment underpins an array of concrete initiatives that structure a compelling ecosystem supported by the Group, with Viva Technology constituting a key pillar. Viva Technology provides a showcase for the forward-thinking solutions developed by startups from around the world, the best of which are recognized by the LVMH Innovation Award.
The theme chosen by LVMH for VivaTech 2019 – Crafting the Customer Experience of Tomorrow – will serve as the guide for demonstrations and presentations throughout the event. The Luxury Lab is organized according to the eight stages in the customer journey, from product awareness through after-sales service. The goal is to deliver innovations for customers that make their purchase experience uniquely memorable and fluid. Augmented reality, machine learning and artificial intelligence all usher in a new luxury experience thanks to applications such as virtual try-ons, immersion into the universe of Maisons or seamless payment.
“Innovation is our obsession at LVMH. We strive to exceed client expectations across the board. Visitors of the LVMH Lab at VivaTech will see first hand how our Maisons and our Innovation Award finalists are helping to further that goal of crafting the customer experience of tomorrow,” says Ian Rogers, Chief Digital Officer, LVMH.
A contemporary take on 19th-century wrought iron pavilions, the Pavillon LVMH will welcome 24 of the Group’s Maisons along with 30 startups selected from around the world. The Maisons and startups will present their solutions in a sequence that follows the customer journey. The startups have been shortlisted for the final round of the LVMH Innovation Award, the winner of which will be announced by Bernard Arnault and Ian Rogers during a ceremony on Friday, May 17 at 10 am.
LVMH Maisons will be unveiling their most recent innovations at VivaTech, spotlighting those that elevate the customer experience thanks to compelling immersive in-store engagement (Fendi, Bvlgari, Acqua di Parma…), innovative products (Louis Vuitton, Kenzo Parfums…), new generation payment services (Sephora, La Grande Epicerie de Paris), virtual reality (Maison Francis Kurkdjian) and augmented reality (La Samaritaine, Ruinart…). The conversation between startups and LVMH Maisons – already very active throughout the year, notably at the Station F incubator – will nourish the dynamic exchanges and emulation that make Viva Technology such a uniquely enriching event.
For the first time this year the Pavillon LVMH will host a “Talent Meet & Connect” space where young talents will be able to talk to members of the HR teams from LVMH and its Maisons throughout the event to learn more about the myriad opportunities in Digital across the Group.
Close-up on LVMH at Viva Technology 2019:
- May 16-18, 2019
- LVMH is a partner of Viva Technology for the 4th consecutive year (Platinum Partner since 2018)
- Pavillon LVMH: 500 square meters (booth J30/Hall 1)
- 3 days of discovery, knowledge sharing, and networking (two B2B days plus one day open to the public, on Saturday)
- 24 participating LVMH Maisons will demonstrate their latest innovations, including Louis Vuitton’s Canvas of the Future, available on two of the Maison’s iconic leathergoods, the Speedy and the Duffle; the Ruinart augmented reality escape game; Fendi’s Baguette Magic Mirror, an immersive experience to discover a selection of Baguette bags; and the Bvlgari “automatic jewelry distributor”.
- 30 startups competing for the 3rd LVMH Innovation Award
- This year’s theme: Crafting the Customer Experience of Tomorrow
- The Pavillon LVMH is organized to trace the eight key stages in the customer experience (1: Awareness, 2: Exploration, 3: Storytelling, 4: Omnichannel, 5: Product, 6: Trial Experience, 7: Payment, 8: CRM)
- 2 pitch sessions during which finalist startups present their solutions
- 27 keynotes and talks on the Pavillon LVMH stage
- Presentation of the LVMH Innovation Award by Bernard Arnault and Ian Rogers on Friday, May 17 at 10 am on the CEO Forum stage
- CEO Forum speakers include Ian Rogers, Chief Digital Officer, LVMH and Norbert Leuret (President of LVMH Japan) on “Japan’s Next Chapter: Luxury and Commerce in Japan Today”
- “Talent Meet & Connect” space hosted by HR teams from LVMH and its Maisons to welcome young talents and present new career opportunities in Digital
- Presentation and first-person feedback from the DARE LVMH intrapreneurship initiative
- Moët Hennessy innovations, related to the customer experience, will be shown at The Chill Bar in Hall 2.2
- Small local food producers from the Île-de-France (greater Paris) region, sourced and supported by La Grande Épicerie de Paris
- MAKE UP FOR EVER makeup partner of the CEO Forum