Final of the 2021 LVMH Prize
Watch the replay of the live show hosted by Derek Blasberg and Emma Chamberlain!
Among the nine finalists, the Jury awarded the LVMH Prize to :
- Nensi Dojaka, 27, an Albanian womenswear designer based in London. She will receive a 300,000-euro endowment and will be mentored for one year by a team of LVMH experts.
Given the incredible talent of the finalists, the Jury decided to award the Karl Lagerfeld Prize to three designers:
- Colm Dillane, 29, the American founder of the KidSuper label based in Brooklyn (womenswear and menswear),
- Lukhanyo Mdingi, 29, a South African designer based in Cape Town (womenswear and menswear),
- Rui Zhou, 26, the Shanghai-based Chinese designer behind the brand Rui (genderless fashion).
They each receive 150,000 euro and will enjoy a one-year mentorship.
The finalists were :
- BIANCA SAUNDERS by Bianca Saunders (British designer), menswear
- CHARLES DE VILMORIN by Charles de Vilmorin (French designer) genderless collections
- CHRISTOPHER JOHN ROGERS by Christopher John Rogers (American designer), womenswear
- CONNER IVES by Conner Ives (American designer), womenswear
- KIDSUPER by Colm Dillane (American designer), womenswear and menswear
- KIKA VARGAS by Kika Vargas (Colombian designer), womenswear
- LUKHANYO MDINGI by Lukhanyo Mdingi (South African designer), womenswear and menswear
- NENSI DOJAKA by Nensi Dojaka (Albanian designer), womenswear
- RUI by Rui Zhou (Chinese designer), genderless collections