Personal Data Protection Policy of lvmh.fr Website
This personal data protection policy is intended to provide to visitors and users (“You”) of the www.lvmh.fr website (the “Website”) information related to the processing by LVMH Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton (hereinafter “LVMH” or “We/Us”) of their personal data (hereinafter the “Personal Data”).
LVMH bestows the greatest importance and takes the greatest care in protecting privacy and the Personal Data.
This policy describes the processing of Personal Data we implement (hereinafter the “Processing”) within the framework of this Website as well as your rights related to the protection of your Personal Data.
1. Identity and contact details of data controller
1.1 The data controller is the entity which determines the means and purposes of the Personal Data Processing.
As regards the Processing of your Personal Data collected via the Website, the data controller is:
LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton,
A European company with its registered office at 22 avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris,
Registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 775 670 417
LVMH’s Personal Data Protection Officer (“DPO”), who is available to answer your questions related to the protection of your Personal Data, may be contacted by using the contact form.
2. Description of Personal Data Processing implemented
2.1 Purpose and legal bases of Processing
The Processing implemented is carried out based on your consent only and is intended to enable us:
- to respond your questions or your orders of documents (the Group’s and its Houses’ current events, financial events, press releases, letters to shareholders) sent via the general “Contact” form, the “register for the newsletter” form or the “Manage your alerts” form of the “Shareholders” section;
- to reply to and manage your online applications made via the “Contact” form or in the applicants space in the Website’s “Talent” section.
2.2 Personal Data processed
The Personal Data related to you and collected and processed for the purposes described above are, depending on the Website’s services used, your choices and the settings of your terminal (notably as related to cookies and other tracers):
- To respond to your questions and requests for documents: your last name, first name, email address, information related to your profile (shareholder, journalist, applicant, student, individual, professional, etc.) and your place of residence (city, country)
- To produce statistics: your connection logs and IP addresses
- To manage your applications: last name, first name, email address, telephone number, professional experience and all the information you communicate to us by sending your application and/or your curriculum vitae: photo, skills, education level, languages spoken, salary expectations, personal address, leisure activities, family status, etc. These Data are collected and stored only within the framework of the management of your applications and are not used for any other purpose, including for commercial purposes.
The Data which are essential for LVMH to satisfy the purposes described above are pointed out with an asterisk on the Website’s various pages. If you do not fill out these mandatory fields, LVMH will not be able to respond to your requests and/or to provide you the requested services.
2.3 Recipients of your Personal Data
Accessibility within the LVMH Group
Your Personal Data are processed by the various departments of LVMH and of the Houses of the LVMH Group:
- LVMH’s Institutional Communication Department and Financial Communication Department as regards your requests and the production of statistics
- Human Resources Department of LVMH or of the relevant House
- Departments related to your application at LVMH or the Houses
As regards the Data related to your application, subject to your consent, they may be made accessible to the Group’s other Houses in order to inform you and to allow you to directly benefit from all the job offers corresponding to your profile within the LVMH Group. The complete list of Houses belonging to the LVMH Group is available here.
Accessibility by third parties
Your Personal Data will also be accessible to third parties, namely: (i) to the recruitment agencies with which LVMH works and which may advise us in the management of our applicants databases and help us in selecting profiles in such databases; (ii) incidentally, for technical and logistical reasons, to LVMH’s subcontractors (notably hosting and Website maintenance providers) and, lastly (iii) your connection logs and IP addresses are also processed via the Adobe Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics tools to produce statistics.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to a third party in case of a restructuring of LVMH or of the relevant Houses, including in case of a total or partial assignment of assets, merger, absorption-acquisition, demerger and, more generally, any reorganization transaction.
Lastly, LVMH may communicate your Data to third parties when such communication is required by law, a regulatory provisions or a judicial decision, or if such communication is necessary to provide for the protection and defense of its rights.
2.4 Transfers of your Personal Data abroad
The recipients of your Personal Data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries where the legislation on protection of Personal Data differs from the legislation applicable within the EEA. Indeed, within the framework of your applications, subject to your consent, your Personal Data may be made accessible to different Houses of the Group, including outside of the EEA. The complete list of the Houses belonging to the LVMH Group is available here. LVMH’s providers or their subcontractors may also be located outside of the EEA.
All transfers of your Data outside of the EEA are made with the appropriate safeguards, notably contractual, in accordance with the regulations applicable to personal data protection.
As regards the Data related to your application, LVMH has binding corporate rules (“BCRs”) recognized by the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL) as being compliant and which provide an adequate level of protection in case of transfers of Data within the Group, including outside of the European Economic Area.
A copy of these BCRs may be provided by using the contact form.
Lastly, within the framework of the contracts concluded by LVMH with providers such as listed above (recruitment agencies, technical providers and audience measurement providers), your Personal Data may be accessible by providers and/or their subcontractors located outside of the EEA. For example, the host of the Website’s applicants space is located in Great Britain and in Poland. Moreover, Adobe and Google transfer your IP addresses and connection logs outside of the EEA. The safeguards implemented within the framework of such transfers are described in the contracts concluded with these providers and are accessible upon request.
2.5 Retention period of your Personal Data
– Questions and occasional requests for documents: The Personal Data collected and processed within the framework of your questions or occasional requests for documents will be retained only for the period for processing your request. They will then be destroyed.
– Registration for our current events and newsletters: The Personal Data collected within the framework of your request for registration for our newsletters and current events will be retained for a period of three (3) years as of their collection or your last contact with LVMH. After such period, LVMH may recontact you in order to know whether you wish to continue to receive our communications. In any event, you may change your mind at any time regarding your consent and ask to unsubscribe by clicking on the link contained in the messages sent to you or by using the contact form. In such case, your Personal Data will be destroyed within a maximum period of 1 month as of your request to unsubscribe.
– Application files: The Data related to you application will be retained for a period of two (2) years as of when they are provided or as of the last contact with you, then they will be destroyed or will be filed for the sole purpose of meeting our statutory obligations. At the end of this 2-year period, LVMH may recontact you to know whether you want LVMH to continue to retain your Personal Data, in view of being informed of an opportunity that may arise and which may correspond what you are seeking and to your skills.
In any event, your Personal Data will be destroyed upon a simple request by you transmitted via the contact form, within a maximum period of 1 month as of your request.
2.6 Fight against fraud and infringement
It is of the utmost importance to LVMH to protect its trademarks, products, know-how and image. Within this framework LVMH, simultaneously and in collaboration with the public authorities, has implemented a number of fraud and infringement detection tools and it centralizes all the information related notably to infringement offences and parallel imports, which it may detect or which may be reported to it, regarding the LVMH Group’s trademarks and products, or any other infringement of the rights of the Houses of the LVMH Group the list of which is accessible on the www.lvmh.com website. Within this framework, LVMH may collected and process a certain amount of personal data related to the persons suspected of having committed such offences or involved in such cases and the witnesses of such offences. Such information will be retained only for the needs and period necessary for verifying the acts detected or reported then, if applicable, for prosecution or implementing the means for putting an end to such offences until the case is settled on a final basis or, in case LVMH decides not to seek prosecution, for a period of five (5) years as of the last incident noted.
3. Your rights
In accordance with the regulations in force, you have a right of access and of correction of your Personal Data and the right to request the deletion (right to be forgotten), the right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data and the right to obtain the limitation or portability of your Personal Data to the extent that this is applicable, subject to urgent, legitimate grounds LVMH may show to retain your Data.
As regards the Data related to your application, we request that you keep up-to-date the information about your in your “Applicants Space”.
Moreover, you may request at any time to no longer receive our communications about our offers, news and events by using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email we send to you.
Such rights may be exercised directly via the contact form. You may be asked to provide proof of identity.
Furthermore, you have the right to bring a claim with the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, Tel : 01 53 73 22 22, regarding the manner in which LVMH collects and processes your Data.
5. Modification of the Personal Data Protection Policy
LVMH may at any time modify this Policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such modifications either by specifically mentioning it on our Website or by a customized warning.