Fashion & Leather Goods
Founded : 1925
Activities : Ready-to-wear, leather goods, accessories & fragrances
Via del Leoncino 5
00187 Rome – Italy
In 1925, Edoardo and Adele Fendi opened a small bag shop with a fur workshop in Rome on Via del Plebiscito. And so the Fendi story began, made of entrepreneurship and creativity, craftsmanship and technology.
The new commercial activity met with great approval due to the quality of its products and their workmanship. After the war, the five sisters, Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda, entered the business, bringing with them new verve. In 1965 the generational drive resulted in the collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld, the versatile interpreter of the Fendi image.
The traditional concept of the fur coat was revolutionized: from a status symbol it became a fashion item. The same revolution was also experienced in the world of bags, designed by Silvia Venturini Fendi, ever nearer to the needs of the modern woman.
A success that in the 1980s led to the creation of women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, watches, perfumes, glasses, ties, scarves and home furnishings.
Fendi has been part of the LVMH Group since 2001. Its products are distributed in over 35 countries around the world, in over 190 Fendi shops and selected multi-brand stores.