As a veritable icon of the New York fashion scene, Donna Karan fully embraces her global – some would say ‘holistic’ – vision of design.” When she founded her House in 1985, she created the Seven Easy Pieces, a system of interchangeable essentials designed to be used in infinite combinations. This wish to simplify life for modern women without sacrificing elegance or sensuality would never go out of fashion. Donna Karan set out her basic principles very early on: the universal language of fashion, the fluidity of soft fabrics that sculpt the body, and a New York palette of black, beige and red. Perfume, shoes, home accessories, etc.: Donna Karan has grown into a whole universe of products that symbolize a busy, urban lifestyle and fully embrace their femininity. Today, the journey continues under the creative direction of Maxwell Osborne and Dao Yi Chow.
A bodysuit, a tailored jacket, a skirt, pants, a cashmere sweater, a leather jacket and an outfit for the evening. Launched in 1984, Donna Karan's Seven Easy Pieces revolutionized the contemporary wardrobe. Based on an intuitive understanding of the needs and desires of busy women, they combine seven easy to wear garments.
DKNY finds inspiration in its own backyard. In the sophisticated ease of the modern girl as she moves though the city. Blurring the lines between aspiration and practicality, DKNY embraces duality and tension. This is a girl who is not defined by what she’s done, but by what she’s about it to do.
Donna Karan was one of the first American designers to open a store in Asia in 1993. Twenty years later, the House has stores in more than 25 countries around the world. Under today’s creative direction, DKNY will open their first concept shop in March 2016.
- 300 DKNY stores around the world
- 1,300 worldwide employees
- 1,823,923 “Likes” on Facebook
Donna Karan on social media
- Introducing #DKNY Pre-Spring 2017. Shot on the streets of #NYC, the campaign features model @ImaanHammam. #DKNYPS17… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- Business Casual. The Pinstripe Shopper bag, find it in #DKNY Stores & online: bit.ly/PinstripeShopp… pic.twitter.com/Qpzloca2xQ
- .@SchonMagazine photographs the #Fall2016 Look 41 Dress pic.twitter.com/kbCqaNSoMq