Thomas Pink was founded in London in 1984 by the Mullen brothers, whose founding inspiration was the history of Mr Pink, the 18th century tailor credited as the originator of ‘hunting pink’ – referring to the scarlet jackets of hunt staff. The Mullen brothers appreciated the fundamental quirk of British humour that something so obviously red could be referred to as Pink. This quirk so appealed to them that they saw it as a tension right at the heart of the brand they were founding – namely a men’s brand called PINK – an obviously feminine colour.
Whilst Mr Pink inspired our name today, it is the Cheeky Fox, unflappable at any given time, who is our contemporary muse, reminding us to always present contradiction with a dash of cunning.
Thomas Pink constantly pushes back the boundaries of innovation and creativity to give its clientèle new shirts. One of the most recent examples, the ‘Athletic’, is adapted to the broad shoulders and slim waists of athletic men. The fit was born out of the process of fitting the Lions for the previous Tour to Australia in 2013. The Athletic fit features in the Lions Collection and is a part of the wider Thomas Pink shirt collection.
Thomas Pink is the Official Outfitter to the British & Irish Lions for the 2017 Tour to New Zealand. The Lions Collection is inspired by the Official Outfits that will be worn by the British & Irish Lions. The Collection is officially endorsed by one of the all-time Lions greats – Brian O’Driscoll.
- +120 number of locations
- 1984 the date Thomas Pink was founded
- 100 fabrics available to make Thomas Pink shirts
Thomas Pink on social media
- Get your copy of new @thejackalmag this afternoon & discover @davidgandy on the cover in ThomasPink #TheJackal… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Cool down this week with some modern summer stripes. Add icy blues and pinks to your wardrobe for a contemporary fe… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Thanks to our @Lionsofficial stars for hosting an exclusive Q&A today #PinkLionRugbyClub pic.twitter.com/1jzN2biHxO