Thomas Pink was founded in London in 1984 by the Mullen brothers, whose founding inspiration was the history of Mr Pink, the 18th century tailor credited as the originator of ‘hunting pink’ – referring to the scarlet jackets of hunt staff. The Mullen brothers appreciated the fundamental quirk of British humour that something so obviously red could be referred to as Pink. This quirk so appealed to them that they saw it as a tension right at the heart of the brand they were founding – namely a men’s brand called PINK – an obviously feminine colour.
Whilst Mr Pink inspired our name today, it is the Cheeky Fox, unflappable at any given time, who is our contemporary muse, reminding us to always present contradiction with a dash of cunning.
Thomas Pink constantly pushes back the boundaries of innovation and creativity to give its clientèle new shirts. One of the most recent examples, the ‘Athletic’, is adapted to the broad shoulders and slim waists of athletic men. The fit was born out of the process of fitting the Lions for the previous Tour to Australia in 2013. The Athletic fit features in the Lions Collection and is a part of the wider Thomas Pink shirt collection.
Thomas Pink was the Official Outfitter to the British & Irish Lions for their tour of New Zealand in 2017. The Lions Collection was inspired by the Official Outfits worn by the British & Irish Lions. The Collection was officially endorsed by one of the all-time Lions greats – Brian O’Driscoll.
- +120 number of locations
- 1984 the date Thomas Pink was founded
- 100 fabrics available to make Thomas Pink shirts
Thomas Pink on social media
- "Thomas Pink have been crafting the finest shirts in the City for more than three decades" - @CityAM #BritishLuxury… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- According to @BritishGQ our Imperial shirt is a ''fail-safe suggestion for what to wear to Wimbledon'' & we would h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- "High summer is the only time you can wear a linen shirt in the UK and not look like an oligarch on a layover" So s… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…