The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the bookkeeping and reporting (both statutory and group) of the Australian Watch and Jewellery subsidiary. The job is a hands-on role and will involve not only managing the finance team but also working very closely with the Group, the Business Planning Analyst, the boutiques and the marketing team.
1) General and month-end reporting
- Supporting and mentoring the finance team, including the Performance Career Review.
- Being the focal point for the finance team within the business by bringing together various departments on issues/topics.
- Supervising/performing month-end reporting and closing activities (SAP) of the three brands (TAG Heuer, Hublot, Zenith) to our head office in Switzerland (consolidation platform).
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of books and reconciliations.
- Ensuring cost efficiencies and monitoring key financial KPIs.
- Key User of HQ ticketing service to help problem solve operational issues.
2) Financial planning and analysis
- Driving the two budget rounds (including the PL and balance sheet) for all three brands by working closely with the Business Planning Analyst and other relevant stakeholders.
- Submission of budget and related KPIs/schedules to Switzerland via the consolidation platform.
- Ensuring that the monthly management reports are accurate and sent out on a timely basis with relevant commentary and variance analysis.
- Running the monthly PL review meetings with the TAG Heuer General Manager and National Retail Manager.
3) Tax and statutory compliance
- Managing the year-end activities including overseeing the preparation of the statutory financial statements.
- Being the key point of contact for the year-end audit.
- Ensuring that the monthly BAS, FBT and ITR are submitted accurately and on time.
- Managing/reviewing the annual submissions for ITR, FBT, and Transfer Pricing along with any Customs declarations where applicable.
- Being the key point of contact for the tax advisors and internal LVMH tax team in Hong Kong/Paris.
4) Capital investment
- Preparing/reviewing the Capex submissions.
- Ensuring the accurate monitoring and reporting of Capex.
5) Internal Control
- Ensuring the appropriate controls are in place and proactively propose any process improvements.
- Overseeing annual audits of key areas in internal control - P2P, T&E, Boutiques etc..
- Managing the internal control reporting (ERICA) to head office.
6) Any ad-hoc operations projects
- To assist Finance & Operations Manager in preparing ad-hoc financial presentations and projects, examples could include new boutique openings, new systems roll outs etc.
Other Job Requirements
- CA qualified accounting professional with 7+ years of proven experience and with exceptional technical and communication skills with the proven ability to influence and advise key stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring a team will be advantageous.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, positive thinking, creative, effective and efficient
- Able to be an efficient business partner with internal and external customers
- Able to take ownership of the task
- Able to work independently and flexibly to accommodate changing business needs
- Good business acumen
- Good team player
- Strong integrity and values
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Due to large volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.