Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development and acquisitions, Kendo brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, storytelling, retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in all we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill's words, ‘never, never, never give up'
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity
The Kendo house of brands currently includes:
Marc Jacobs Beauty, KVD Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty, Lip Lab, Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin
The General Manager is responsible for leading, driving and overseeing the Kendo Brands business in Continental Europe in close partnership with Sephora, responsible for building strong, effective internal and external omni-channel partnerships. This role will play a vital part in developing the brand equity and building momentum in the market, leads the Kendo team and actively engages in their development and training.
- Develop a comprehensive business strategy across all brands, to develop the region, build brand equity, and drive sales volume.
- Identify, plan and execute strategic omni-channel brand distribution and expansion.
- Build and deliver retail and wholesale monthly sales plans and investment plans by region and channel/retailer.
- In partnership with VP International and EMEA Finance & Operations Senior Director, build and manage the P&L for the market to meet financial goals.
- Build and execute comprehensive 360-degree campaigns including marketing, digital, social, merchandising and education.
- Partner with operations to develop the appropriate inventory and logistics plans.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with both internal and external partners.
- Lead and develop a strong and effective team working closely with EMEA People and Culture Director.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus.
- Successful track record on a GM position
- 10+ years of related business experience, Beauty or Retail industry preferred.
- Experience working with the Europe markets; knowledge of the customer's unique needs.
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, creative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
- Highest levels of professionalism at all times; calm under pressure.
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships with internal and external partners. Able to thrive in a corporate and multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Proven success in building brands, developing markets (on & off line), and driving sales performance.
- Proven leadership experience developing/managing both corporate and field teams.
- Passion for beauty business; experience across multiple categories (beauty/skincare/fragrance) a plus.
- Fully Fluent in English and open to travel to regions and HQ.