About This Opportunity
Christian Dior K.K. is looking for a Merchandising (MD) Manager, Women's Ready To Wear (RTW).
You will be in charge of all relevant responsibilities for Women's RTW business in Japan.
This is an exciting opportunity that you can contribute for business growth with your communication and negotiation skills ,and great eyes and sense to catch the latest trend.
You will manage 1 assistant manager.
All employees have great love and respect for Christian Dior in Christian Dior K.K. We have very open and international office environment, and we interact each other regardless of positions or ages.
If you have strong passion for fashion and are looking for a with great teamwork and friendly working environment, Christian Dior K.K. will be a great match!
Various career paths are available both at Christian Dior or with different brands within the LVMH group.
- Make delivery plan of merchandise to the boutiques in order to deliver the merchandise in proper time.
- Responsible for women's RTW buying sessions overseas in all aspects.
- Monitor and analyze sales by product category/ boutique.
- Implement and follow-up of the annual purchasing and merchandising budget.
- Allocate products for each boutique.
- Check inventories and sell-through data, follow-up operation such as daily/weekly re-assortment.
- Prepare and organize collection presentation for internal staff and trunk show/events for customers in cooperation with other MD members and Retail Operation department.
- Co-ordinate and assist display as necessary for new boutiques and boutiques' renewal in cooperation with VMD team.
- Visit boutiques to understand staff and customer needs, and also check merchandise and monitor market trend.
- Conduct market survey in order to keep updating competitors' information.
- Picking merchandise for family sale and other bargain sale.
- Communicate with counterparts in Paris HQ.
- Work experience of Merchandising (Merchandise admin assistant or allocator etc.) for more than 5 years.
- Work experience in retail fashion industry. ( work experience in luxury brand is not must).
- Team management experience.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and confidence working with large volumes of data; collating, analyzing, presenting findings.
- Interest in retail and trends.
- Passion for fashion.
- Good command of English (TOEIC 800 up)
- Strong PC skills. (especially excel)
- Good communication, interpersonal skills.
- Team player with strong sense of ownership
- Negotiation skill
- Analytical skill
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Business Awareness
About Christian Dior
Founded in 1947 in Paris. Ever since the first show, Dior has kept attracting people with the new look which is elegant, structured, and infinitely feminine.
Dior has been a vocal supporter of gender equality and female empowerment and as part of the support, we launched mentorship program: Women @Dior
A year long project that pairs female Christian Dior employees with female students interested in their area of expertise. This is designed to enable cross cultural, cross generational and cross functional interactions. At the International Women’s Day (March 8th, 2017), 200 female students from all over the world gathered at the head office in Paris and enjoyed touring the maison’s atelier, along with the brand’s newly opened state-of-the-art archive facility: Dior Héritage.